Pall Ceramic Filters
Aerolith S Filter Elements
Aerolith S Filter Elements are a further development of the well-known Pall® product Aerolith with improved properties. Composed of selected high quality ceramic raw materials, the alumosiliceous filter material Aerolith S is produced in a controlled production process as a cylinder, candle or tile. The special merits of Aerolith S filter elements are the higher mechanical stability as well as an improved pH resistance in the alkaline range. Due to the porous labyrinth structure with high particle storage capacity, Aerolith S filter elements are well suited for depth filtration applications up to temperatures of 700°C.
- Particle filtration of Liquids: Acids, water and alcohol.
- Particle filtration of Gases: Process gases, mixed gas, air, sewer gas, natural gas, and liquid gas.
- Coalescer: Compressed air, nitrogen and carbon dioxide.
- Storing Media: Water, colour and ink.
- Vacuum Lance: Retention of fire extinguishing powder.
- Nutsches: Mud thickening.
- Porous Aerolith S ceramic is approved for the utilization in drinking water according to German regulations DVGW W270 and the KTW recommendation.
- Aerolith S filter elements can be machined using hard metal tools.
- Ceramic elements are to be handled with care.
- Elements can be easily glued using commercial glues which Pall can supply. Consideration must be paid to operating temperature and chemical resistance.
- Pall can supply a variety of element fixing systems.
Aerolith S filter elements are resistant against most acids, saline solutions and organic solvents, liquid or gaseous. It does not resist hydrofluoric acid. Aerolith S filter elements are resistant up to pH 10 in the alkaline range.
³ As end use conditions can vary, it is the users responsibility to verify compatibility with their specific use conditions.
¹ PSG Retention efficiency test 99.98%
² Depending on operating conditions